Monday, April 18, 2016

Are there Paralell Worlds?

The research for my fifth visionary fiction novel in The Ascension Series: Parallel Worlds has taken me to many online websites but only recently did I learn about the Kardashev Scale.
Under the title:

Are there Extraterrestrial Civilizations we are not aware of? 

I have shared in more detail what I've learned so far in this article.

What is the Kardashev Scale ?

The Kardashev Scale is a method of measuring a civilization‘s level of technological advancement, based on the amount of energy a civilization is able to utilize and is able to direct towards communications to other neighbouring star systems or worlds. This scale now lists 7 levels of civilizations based on their power consumption, and implicitly on their technological advancement and extension.
After writing my article  Are there Extraterrestrial Civilizations we are not aware of? for Hubpages I was keen to find out what our civilization on Earth was rated at; and to my ‘not so surprised discovery’ was the following: guess what, our Earth’s civilization has not yet reached the type 1 level!
A Type I Kardashev civilization is similar to the modern technological societies found on Earth. It draws upon the energy falling upon a planet from its sun. Kardashev estimated the Earth’s energy consumption at about 4 x 1019 ergs per second. The Earth has not quite reached Type I status because its inhabitants are unable to capture all of the radiant energy streaming down upon it. For this reason, Carl Sagan said that the Earth was more accurately called a Type 0.7.

In my novel Parallel Worlds I clearly interact with a Type II anti-matter civilization. Through the eyes of my two characters Tulanda and Hans I try to imagine what a Type II civilization would be like, but to imagine an anti-matter universe is even more daunting. I have explored that idea in my hubpage article.

The research for this novel has taken me to many different speculations, ideas and hypotheses, and because I happen to follow the TV series FRINGE , I found the The Kardashev Scale method very amazing, considering that this scale was created by In 1964, by Nikolai Kardashev a Russian astrophysicist and a radio astronomer and among the pioneers of SETI.

FRINGE  an American science fiction television series created by J. J. Abrams, Alex Kurtzman,(  co-writer & producer of  Star Trek Into Darkness  and The Amazing Spider-Man 2) and Roberto Orci. ( Mexican-American film and television screenwriter and producer.)  it’s not surprising that those two very gifted screenwriters managed to produce such a original Science Fiction show I’ve come cross so far.

The Startrek movies have always fascinated me and It is almost as if the Multiverse is a God; one which is eternal, omnipotent, unified, and beautiful. It is up to the civilizations of the cosmos to explore its creator.
Thanks for reading my post.
Nadine